Crazy Afternoon

Yesterday was absolutely insane. I worked in the morning like I have been doing all week and then I left to go pick up Natalie for her neurosurgery appointment in the afternoon. She checked out great, the shunt is working like it is supposed to and her head has not increased in size. They told me that they want to follow up in two months! While at the appointment I asked them about her increased spitting up and her random cries of pain. After describing the symptoms to them they agreed with me that it was probably her reflux and teething and advised me to follow up with her pediatrician about switching her reflux medicine.

As I was heading home yesterday I called the pediatrician’s office and asked the receptionist should I set up an appointment to come in or could they just call in a new prescription for her. Apparently, the office Natalie goes to was very busy so I was talking to someone at the other office. After looking at her file and talking to someone over there the receptionist freaked out! She told me I either needed to bring her in right away or take her straight to the emergency room?! I was a little confused, I told her she was just spitting up, not vomitting and she was fine. Still, the receptionist insisted I bring her right in. So I was already in the car so I took Natalie to the pediatrician’s office…and guess what, its relux! Duh! Her doctor said that the receptionist was being cautious due to the fact that Natalie has a shunt and they worry any time they hear about vomitting/spit up from an infant with a shunt. However, I had just been to the neurosurgeon so I knew she was fine. So anyways, they increased her medicine to see if that will help and we go back next week to follow up. If there is no change then they will change her prescription. But other than that she’s great!

Oh yeah, Natalie now weights 14lbs and 3oz. She has moved from the 11% to the 13% in a week. Thats a 6oz increase since her appointment last Thursday.

In other news…lol that sounds weird. Thomas is sick, not sure whats wrong with him but he’s too stubborn to go to the doctor no matter how many times I tell him. His business is doing great, he only worked about half the week this week and still made at least twice as much as I did. If I didn’t love what I do so much then I would change careers, lol.

We are getting close to being done with our remodel. We still need the carpet repair or to put down laminate flooring…we still havent decided. We updated the ac unit this week and our contractor is finishing his work today on the walls. Now that we are almost done we need to figure out what we are going to do next. We had someone who was interested in purchasing the unit for a good price (better than what similar units are selling for but less than we owe at the moment) but now I can’t seem to get ahold of her. I have talked with a couple of people who are interested in doing a rent to own, but I gotta see if that will pan out or not.

Hmm…I can continue to write but I really do need to at least pretend to be working, lol. So back to pretending 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s